Monday, January 7, 2008

Waste

I wrote this awhile ago but I find it pretty enjoyable. An ode to the cluster fuck that is DTJ's....

Good people of Napa lend me your ears!!!!
Ban this piece of crap restaurant! I won't even dignify it with the title of BAR b/c it's not worthy. First off, who are you Mr. DTJ to think you can get away with charging a cover in Napa? Tell you what I'll make you a deal, hold my five dollars and IF I can walk in a have a drink in my hand within 5 minutes you can keep it. If not, you should pay me for all the precious moments of my life that have been wasted waiting for your bartenders to quit handing out free drink to their buddies and breaking up fights.

Secondly, work on your bottle flipping skills on your own time. DTJ's bartenders are not Tom Cruise and this in not Cocktail. Make me my drink, do it right the first time then work on throwning the matchbook down the counter.

There is not one good thing about this place. They should just shut it down and turn it into an AA treatment center. Or maybe just doze it and make new parking lot, that would be handy for when I go down town to have a few cocktails at one of the more respectable bars.

No comments: