No Rants Today, just lists......
Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE craigslist. You can find anything you want on there at any time of day or night, it's the Las Vegas of websites. It's sad but true that "The List" and MSN are the only two websites I read/visit with any sort of regularity. Thanks to the list I've found concert tickets, furniture, roommates, etc. the list goes on and on. Above all I have gotten hours and hours of entertainment from it. That said here's my list of entertaining stuff to do on/with Craigslist. Happy listing!
1. Christmas Party Challenge: Nothing says holiday fun like going to Christmas parties. And who says you only have to go to your own office party! Search The List for "christmas party" and let the good times roll! There's always people looking for dates to formal functions on there! You can even make it a competition, make a pact with your friends and see how many parties you can go to between Thanksgiving and Christmas! For the record, I got my butt handed to me on this challenge but I would totally do it again!
2. BEST OF CL: This portion of the list is just pure gold! Read them for fun or search current posting for new ads to nominate. View classics like "FOR SALE: get well balloon, slightly deflated but perfect for grandma." Just goers to show you how creative people can be.
3. Shopping a Corridor: Are you a commuter, limo driver or frequent airport goer? Use your hours in the car to your advantage and shop your corridor! Check the list for free/cheap stuff along your driving route. Need 40 rolls of black plastic? Pick it up in Emeryville on your way to the A's game. Searching for a weight bench to buff your body? Give Perdo in Vallejo a call and pick it up before you head over to Costco. It's all about multi-tasking people.
4. The Show Me Your Junk Challenge: This is a fantastic drinking game! Adults only, please. The game requires two or more players, here's the deal. Each player writes and posts an ad in the CL Personals Casual Encounters section. Based on their ad, that player then has to guess how many responses they will get, WITH PHOTOS, in a set amount of time. For example I would say, "I can get 20 dick pics in 10 minutes with this ad." Then sit back and enjoy the fun! If you are going head to head, your opponenet must take a drink everytime you get a photo. Different levels of drinks can be assigned to different kinds of photos. You would be surprised at what people will put out there on the internet!
5. Posting for Boredom: Write a story and post it on The List. The responses you get will easily keep you entertained for hours.
That's all now get out there and surf The List!!
DISCLOSURE: Be careful with the list, there are A LOT of freaks and pervs out there! Be safe and surf smart!
Monkey Valley Nature Resort
9 months ago